MANHATTAN THEATRE CLUB’S
THE ROYAL FAMILY
BEGINS PREVIEWS TONIGHT
AT MTC’S SAMUEL J. FRIEDMAN THEATRE
NEW PRODUCTION OF KAUFMAN & FERBER’S COMEDY CLASSIC
TO OPEN THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8
Manhattan Theatre Club’s Broadway production of THE ROYAL FAMILY by George S. Kaufman and Edna Ferber begins previews tonight at MTC’s Samuel J. Friedman Theatre (261 West 47th Street). The production, directed by Tony Award winner Doug Hughes (Doubt, Mauritius), will open Thursday, October 8.
The cast of THE ROYAL FAMILY features “Saturday Night Live” alum Ana Gasteyer (Kitty Dean), Tony winner John Glover (Herbert Dean), Tony Award winner and Oscar nominee Rosemary Harris (Fanny Cavendish), Tony Award nominee and Drama Desk Award winner Jan Maxwell (Julie Cavendish), Broadway veteran Larry Pine (Gilbert Marshall), Tony Award nominee Tony Roberts (Oscar Wolfe), and Tony Award nominee and Drama Desk Award nominee Reg Rogers (Tony Cavendish). They are joined by Freddy Arsenault (Perry Stewart), Kelli Barrett (Gwen Cavendish), Caroline Stefanie Clay (Della), Rufus Collins (McDermott, Gunga), David Greenspan (Jo), Anthony Newfield (Chauffeur), Henny Russell (Miss Peake), Cat Walleck (Hallboy), and John Wernke (Hallboy).
The creative team for THE ROYAL FAMILY includes John Lee Beatty (Scenic Design), Catherine Zuber (Costume Design), Kenneth Posner (Lighting Design), Darron L West (Sound Design), Maury Yeston (Original Music), Tom Watson (Hair & Wig Design), Rick Sordelet (Fight Director), and David Caparelliotis (Casting).
Follow a famous family of stage stars as they go about the drama of the day: choosing scripts, dashing off to performances, stealing kisses from handsome beaus. But what’s this business about the youngest diva wanting to quit the stage for domestic bliss? Never, darling!
Under the leadership of Artistic Director Lynne Meadow and Executive Producer Barry Grove, MTC has become one of the country’s most prominent and prestigious theatre companies. MTC productions have earned a total of 16 Tony Awards and six Pulitzer Prizes, an accomplishment unparalleled by a New York theatrical institution. MTC has their Broadway home at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre (261 West 47th Street) and an Off-Broadway theatre at New York City Center – Stage I (131 West 55th Street). Renowned MTC productions include Ruined; The American Plan; Top Girls; Come Back, Little Sheba; Blackbird; Translations; Shining City; Rabbit Hole; Doubt; Proof; The Tale of the Allergist’s Wife; Love! Valour! Compassion!; A Small Family Business; Sylvia; Putting It Together; Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune; Crimes of the Heart; and Ain’t Misbehavin’.
For more information on MTC, please visit www.ManhattanTheatreClub.com.
Subscriptions to MTC’s 2009-2010 season are currently available by calling (212) 399-3050, Monday – Friday, noon – 10 PM, Saturday 2 PM – 6 PM with a major credit card. Subscriptions are also available online at www.ManhattanTheatreClub.com.
TICKETING INFORMATION FOR THE ROYAL FAMILY
- Single tickets to THE ROYAL FAMILY are available via www.Telecharge.com; by telephone at (212) 239-6200 or (800) 432-7250 if outside the NY metro area; and at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre box office (261 West 47th Street, between Broadway and 8th Avenue).
- THE ROYAL FAMILY tickets range in price from $57.00-$97.00.
Please note: THE ROYAL FAMILY is dark on Mondays.
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15 – SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4: Tuesday and Sunday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Saturday and Sunday at 2 PM.
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 5 – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM.
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2 – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM. Please note there are only 7 performances on sale to the general public this week.
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9 – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM.